Skip to main content

Fettling

After I took the TomTom Ram mount off the Explorer I had expected fitting it on the R3 would be simple. No chance. 

The R3 has larger diameter handlebars and the u-bolt I had was too narrow. There started search for the larger one that came in the TomTom box. Of course it wasn't there but I got lucky and found it in with some other assorted crap. 

Finding a suitable place was always going to be a challenge but I think I managed it. 

Luckily I didn't cut the cable so I have the full metre with the BMW type plug on the end. The power socket on the R3 is behind the engine on the left side. There is also cover that side covering the throttle bodies and injection. The wire fits nicely in there, leaving a loop at the bar end to cope with lock to lock turns. That's the theory anyway.

The other job was to fit the Klicbag chromed brackets. Triumph use Torx head bolts and Klicbag use Allen.

I didn't have any big enough and luckily my bike club mate in the Meldrews. Cal, did.

It took about ten minutes to fit the brackets and then I popped the saddlebags on. 

Superb.

 
I think they look pretty good. They are locked on from the inside with a key that locks the handle.

What's next? Maybe fit the Givi tank bag? Need to see if the Tanklocksystem will work on the R3!

Plus.  Of course Baloo needs to be found a good home. With the current lack of a screen he will be back in the wind after two years of shelter!



Comments

  1. Baloo looks pretty good sitting on that tank. Thank for the link to the new blog. Great name for it too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cup of Tea - Continued

The best laid plans of mice and men.  Unfortunately there is a balancing act to be done as a married man with a dog. I sometimes envy people that on a whim, tog up, and then go for a ride all day on their expensive motorcycle. My brother for instance.  He regularly plans trips with a mate that take three or four weeks in the summer before the school holidays make hotels and accommodation too expensive. I can't do that. So when "real life" gets in the way, then the bike trips have to take a back seat.  Don't get me wrong.  I like going out in the car with wife and dog to places of interest or just to the White Cliffs for a cake and coffee and walk with Reggie. But. Sometimes I want to get my gear on and go for a ride. Last Sunday the "Family Paul" won out.  Hopefully tomorrow, June 6th and of course the 77th Anniversary D-Day, I can get out and do the trip around the county and get the "Cup of Tea Challenge" chalked off. I need to ride the £15000 wo

Six years with Pepe!

Pepe's insurance was renewed for another year today. So I thought as I have owned this monster for six years it was time to bring this blog to an end and import the contents to "On the Road Again". So that it what I have done.