Skip to main content

Operation Elbow Grease

After the relative success of the Peugeot Alloy Wheel Cleaner combined with the Autoglym  and IBM brush, I decided to invest in some professional cleaner from a car valeting suppliers. 

For £16 plus £6 delivery, it would have been less but some absolute git made a bid with 12s left on the auction that lifted the price from £10.60 (!!), I have 25 litres or about 5 gallons of the stuff.


It got good reviews as a spray-on, wash-off product used at car washes across the country.

Spray on might pose a problem... So something like this looks the answer.


On eBay for about a tenner. Will check out the hardware stores at the weekend.

Comments

  1. Interesting. I hope it works by just spraying on and not too much elbow grease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I think it will be spray-on, use brush, then wash-off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crappy Finish

Have to say disappointed with the finish on my 15 Roadster. Not really an all weather rider nowadays.  Wheels are corroded and look like shit and the chrome bits and bobs all surface rusted. Have always washed down after a salty road outing. The TEX I had before had its recall problems but the finish far more robust. Never had these problems so soon even on a modern Suzuki! It doesn't seem like the wheels are coated, just bare metal by th level of corrosion.  The surface rust blights the suspension caps and even the chrome cover for the rear brake master cylinder looks more like rust with some chrome. At least the engine finish looks good.

Ring of Red 2015

Decided to go to Thurrock and join there. Arrived about 1230 after a petrol stop on the way. Pepe does about 180 to the tank before I start to get nervous. So as it clipped up 115 on the odometer I decided to fill up to ensure I had enough to get to the start and join the ride. It is easily 60 miles home from here. Doing the maths convinced me to tank up. Even in misty drizzly weather sitting in a large column of bikes is hot business, once the fan kicks in. We were on the road and the M25 just before the allotted hour. Well done to the marshals in the absence of the local police service.  The photographer, former SOC member and Kent Centre Sec, Roger Wood, for the run from Thurrock stood atop the van belonging to  one of the charities we were supporting. I had cable tied one of the Ride of Remembrance car-flags to the sissy bar but sadly I didn't get enough wind to fly whilst  stopped.