Skip to main content

Palingbeek Vijfde

https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/


Another update.

As the route would take me through Ieper/Ypres/Wipers anyway I will stop in the Grote Markt for a short time and visit the Tourist Office and also I might have time to get across the the British Legion shop across the road.  Always a sucker for a new pin badge!


I don't want this to become a whistle-stop tour but I need the gate code from the Tourist Office to get into the St Eloi Crater park. 

Although if it is anything  like Bayernwald,  when I got there someone had left the gate unlocked and slightly ajar so the code wasn't needed.

If time starts to get away with me after Palingbeek I can always cut one or some of the stops out of the route.  


When I used to plan these trips for the Kent Centre SOC and then the Meldrews I think I used to build in too many places to stop and then had to remove some on the hoof as it were.Probably better than too few and having to pad the trips out!!

My primary focus is to see the exhibit at Palingbeek as it will be removed after Armistice Day on November 11th. I can always "do" the other sites/sights another time as they are permanent.

Before going I decided I needed to have some breakdown cover.  As it is only the day I have opted for the RAC and an additional expense of £6.

Late Friday, gear all ready to wear tomorrow. Cars arranged to let me have access to the garage.  Helmet Bluetooth on charge.  Phone charged.  Backup charger fully charged. Passport and drivers licence already inside pocket of jacket. Oh yes, log book and insurance......

What jacket?  Joe Rocket. But I'll take a jumper.  Panniers checked.  Waterproof over-trousers and jacket in right pannier.  Gloves in left pannier. Two pairs only, one waterproof, one not.

And now to bed.... See what tomorrow brings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cup of Tea - Continued

The best laid plans of mice and men.  Unfortunately there is a balancing act to be done as a married man with a dog. I sometimes envy people that on a whim, tog up, and then go for a ride all day on their expensive motorcycle. My brother for instance.  He regularly plans trips with a mate that take three or four weeks in the summer before the school holidays make hotels and accommodation too expensive. I can't do that. So when "real life" gets in the way, then the bike trips have to take a back seat.  Don't get me wrong.  I like going out in the car with wife and dog to places of interest or just to the White Cliffs for a cake and coffee and walk with Reggie. But. Sometimes I want to get my gear on and go for a ride. Last Sunday the "Family Paul" won out.  Hopefully tomorrow, June 6th and of course the 77th Anniversary D-Day, I can get out and do the trip around the county and get the "Cup of Tea Challenge" chalked off. I need to ride the £15000 wo

Six years with Pepe!

Pepe's insurance was renewed for another year today. So I thought as I have owned this monster for six years it was time to bring this blog to an end and import the contents to "On the Road Again". So that it what I have done.