Skip to main content

A month?

OMG! It's a month since I last got out on Pepé.

So as expected with some damp days and nights the battery needed a jolt from the dbPower unit.

It's a nice sunny morning so I got the Triumph Steve McQueen jacket out. It's definitely a three season jacket. I always remove the zip-in liners as they tend to be sweat inducing quilted nylon.

Another reason is that despite the body being XXL, the arms are still S or even M. Narrow tubes that my old man's arms find a tight fit.

If you are a gym bunny and have muscles that bulge like The Rock, then look elsewhere.

The jacket has metal zips and snap fasteners. I do love that. It's short enough not to touch the tank with the bottom snapper.

It also has two zippered vents along the collar bone and a huge zipped vent across the shoulders. Not that they were needed today. There are plenty of pockets. Two snap fastened ones on the chest, left and right, a zippered pocket on the left chest to. Two lower pockets, both zipped.  There are two inside pockets, one each side and bother zippered. Perfect for phone and wallet!

The ride to the Meldrews' monthly meet was uneventful. I stopped for petrol at Tesco and topped off the tank after the last fill.

You never buy a Rocket if you are gas mileage concerned.

Fuelly calculated the last tank at 38.5mpg (Imperial gallon). But it was to be expected after the 130kph run from the fuel stop on the A25 near Armentières a mere 67.1 miles from Tesco.

It was good to see Cal, David and Norman at the meeting. A time to chat with the old guys. At 62 I am the youngest.

After chewing the fat and putting the world to rights we set off home. Cal and Norman taking the long way round and me the simple direct way home.

Man. Is it good to be out in the autumn sun? Of course it is.
posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cup of Tea - Continued

The best laid plans of mice and men.  Unfortunately there is a balancing act to be done as a married man with a dog. I sometimes envy people that on a whim, tog up, and then go for a ride all day on their expensive motorcycle. My brother for instance.  He regularly plans trips with a mate that take three or four weeks in the summer before the school holidays make hotels and accommodation too expensive. I can't do that. So when "real life" gets in the way, then the bike trips have to take a back seat.  Don't get me wrong.  I like going out in the car with wife and dog to places of interest or just to the White Cliffs for a cake and coffee and walk with Reggie. But. Sometimes I want to get my gear on and go for a ride. Last Sunday the "Family Paul" won out.  Hopefully tomorrow, June 6th and of course the 77th Anniversary D-Day, I can get out and do the trip around the county and get the "Cup of Tea Challenge" chalked off. I need to ride the £15000 wo

Six years with Pepe!

Pepe's insurance was renewed for another year today. So I thought as I have owned this monster for six years it was time to bring this blog to an end and import the contents to "On the Road Again". So that it what I have done.