Skip to main content

Meldrews

Another Sunday and another Meldrews Sunday breakfast.

This time we were meeting further north to give the more northerly members a shorter ride. So it was the turn of Gibson's Farm Shop. 

It's only about twenty miles for me. The countryside through Sene Valley and Elham Valley is rolling downs dotted with sheep and vineyards on the south facing slopes  The downs here are chalk just like the famous Champagne hills to the south in France.

Sadly the sun brings out all kinds of pests. The biggest is cyclistese lycracladious.  They can be found either individually or most commonly in large groups. And it is these that annoy everyone, whether in a car or riding a motorcycle.

The arrogance level is through the roof. It's almost impossible to measure but it is evident as soon as you close on them.

That aside. The weather was warm and sunny and with us now officially in Spring riding is so much better.

Breakfast and chat over it was time to get back home. Almost the same route back until Lyminge when there was a holdup and I explored a new route across to the main Canterbury road. 

In places both routes have very narrow sections that are mirror banging narrow and other sections of long sweeping bends and short straights.

Superb on a Rocket.


Once home.


So. Another 40 miles under the wheels. Pitiful but I need to do better!

Earlier in the year I zeroed Trip 2 and will leave it for the year and see how many miles I can do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cup of Tea - Continued

The best laid plans of mice and men.  Unfortunately there is a balancing act to be done as a married man with a dog. I sometimes envy people that on a whim, tog up, and then go for a ride all day on their expensive motorcycle. My brother for instance.  He regularly plans trips with a mate that take three or four weeks in the summer before the school holidays make hotels and accommodation too expensive. I can't do that. So when "real life" gets in the way, then the bike trips have to take a back seat.  Don't get me wrong.  I like going out in the car with wife and dog to places of interest or just to the White Cliffs for a cake and coffee and walk with Reggie. But. Sometimes I want to get my gear on and go for a ride. Last Sunday the "Family Paul" won out.  Hopefully tomorrow, June 6th and of course the 77th Anniversary D-Day, I can get out and do the trip around the county and get the "Cup of Tea Challenge" chalked off. I need to ride the £15000 wo

Six years with Pepe!

Pepe's insurance was renewed for another year today. So I thought as I have owned this monster for six years it was time to bring this blog to an end and import the contents to "On the Road Again". So that it what I have done.