Skip to main content

Flat tyre!!

When I rode home from Neill's after the visit tot he BMW dealers I had no idea that somewhere along the way I had picked up a screw in the rear tyre.

Luckily it was right in the centre of the tread and easily fixable.  As I have cover with the RAC I called them and it was about three hours before the patrol turned up.  It's summer holidays so I wasn't working anyway.

It took a few goes before he could get a plug to fit and then re-inflate the tyre from his compressor. The plug held.

I called around the tyre places and only Watling Tyres at Swanley would have the staff in to remove the wheel and do the proper plug.

So tomorrow I will take a slow, restricted to 50mph, ride up to Swanley.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crappy Finish

Have to say disappointed with the finish on my 15 Roadster. Not really an all weather rider nowadays.  Wheels are corroded and look like shit and the chrome bits and bobs all surface rusted. Have always washed down after a salty road outing. The TEX I had before had its recall problems but the finish far more robust. Never had these problems so soon even on a modern Suzuki! It doesn't seem like the wheels are coated, just bare metal by th level of corrosion.  The surface rust blights the suspension caps and even the chrome cover for the rear brake master cylinder looks more like rust with some chrome. At least the engine finish looks good.

Don't Ride Angry

Never ride angry. It leads to mistakes. For some unknown reason people in England have this urge to travel. That's not a problem. What is the problem is that no sooner has the final bell of the summer term/semester rung,  like lemmings they are in their cars and motorhomes  (RV) and heading on their summer holiday. Why? Most kids won't be back in their classrooms until September 6th or even 7th!! To coincide with this exodus, small 'e' as the waves don't part for them , after some terrorist activity in France (not to mention our vote to leave the European Union) the French boeufed up their ridiculously slap dash border control. Traffic was queued back on the M20 for about 15 miles. Three lanes and then two.... The A2 into the port two lanes for about 7 miles. Add to that both roads closed due to the inevitable accidents and a rare truck fire, and you have CHAOS. People trapped for upto 14 hours.  It later turned out that ...