Skip to main content

Home!

Done!

A slight hiccup as I forgot to take the invoice and my insurance with me. I took the "man bag" with Döra's paperwork though.

So I had an extra ride back home on Döra and back to Laguna.

The R3 was outside and had been cleaned and polished. They had done the first service and fitted the power supply socket. 

Sadly they didn't have the time to fit the Klicbag pannier rails for me, and so I left them at home.

It was a little sad to trade-in Döra but a new era awaits.

My first stop was Tesco to fill the tank and then off via coffee at the Blue & White cafe where I took a couple of pix.

Outside the Blue & White Cafe

Outside the Blue & White Cafe

It is pretty much a fluke that my ShoeI  Qwest matches the bike paint job.

And then it was home. Non-biker life sometimes gets in the way.

At Home

One small job was to assemble the panniers.

When I say assemble, I mean fit the brackets onto back of the Klicbag panniers. I forget to say they arrived yesterday.

Easy-peasy even for someone with ten thumbs!



The next job is to fit the chromed brackets into the bike. Triumph use Torx head bolts and the ones at the rear that also hold the rear mudguard in place have slots way bigger than anything I have in the garage.

Luckily, Cal a fellow Meldrew has some larger Torx bits. The bolts that come with the Klicbags are normal Allen keys.

Next to check how and where I can fit the TomTom!  The u-bolt I took of Döra is too small as the Rocket has larger diameter handlebars. I don't have one but hopefully my brother does have a spare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cup of Tea - Continued

The best laid plans of mice and men.  Unfortunately there is a balancing act to be done as a married man with a dog. I sometimes envy people that on a whim, tog up, and then go for a ride all day on their expensive motorcycle. My brother for instance.  He regularly plans trips with a mate that take three or four weeks in the summer before the school holidays make hotels and accommodation too expensive. I can't do that. So when "real life" gets in the way, then the bike trips have to take a back seat.  Don't get me wrong.  I like going out in the car with wife and dog to places of interest or just to the White Cliffs for a cake and coffee and walk with Reggie. But. Sometimes I want to get my gear on and go for a ride. Last Sunday the "Family Paul" won out.  Hopefully tomorrow, June 6th and of course the 77th Anniversary D-Day, I can get out and do the trip around the county and get the "Cup of Tea Challenge" chalked off. I need to ride the £15000 wo

Six years with Pepe!

Pepe's insurance was renewed for another year today. So I thought as I have owned this monster for six years it was time to bring this blog to an end and import the contents to "On the Road Again". So that it what I have done.