Skip to main content

Home!

Done!

A slight hiccup as I forgot to take the invoice and my insurance with me. I took the "man bag" with Döra's paperwork though.

So I had an extra ride back home on Döra and back to Laguna.

The R3 was outside and had been cleaned and polished. They had done the first service and fitted the power supply socket. 

Sadly they didn't have the time to fit the Klicbag pannier rails for me, and so I left them at home.

It was a little sad to trade-in Döra but a new era awaits.

My first stop was Tesco to fill the tank and then off via coffee at the Blue & White cafe where I took a couple of pix.

Outside the Blue & White Cafe

Outside the Blue & White Cafe

It is pretty much a fluke that my ShoeI  Qwest matches the bike paint job.

And then it was home. Non-biker life sometimes gets in the way.

At Home

One small job was to assemble the panniers.

When I say assemble, I mean fit the brackets onto back of the Klicbag panniers. I forget to say they arrived yesterday.

Easy-peasy even for someone with ten thumbs!



The next job is to fit the chromed brackets into the bike. Triumph use Torx head bolts and the ones at the rear that also hold the rear mudguard in place have slots way bigger than anything I have in the garage.

Luckily, Cal a fellow Meldrew has some larger Torx bits. The bolts that come with the Klicbags are normal Allen keys.

Next to check how and where I can fit the TomTom!  The u-bolt I took of Döra is too small as the Rocket has larger diameter handlebars. I don't have one but hopefully my brother does have a spare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crappy Finish

Have to say disappointed with the finish on my 15 Roadster. Not really an all weather rider nowadays.  Wheels are corroded and look like shit and the chrome bits and bobs all surface rusted. Have always washed down after a salty road outing. The TEX I had before had its recall problems but the finish far more robust. Never had these problems so soon even on a modern Suzuki! It doesn't seem like the wheels are coated, just bare metal by th level of corrosion.  The surface rust blights the suspension caps and even the chrome cover for the rear brake master cylinder looks more like rust with some chrome. At least the engine finish looks good.

Ring of Red 2015

Decided to go to Thurrock and join there. Arrived about 1230 after a petrol stop on the way. Pepe does about 180 to the tank before I start to get nervous. So as it clipped up 115 on the odometer I decided to fill up to ensure I had enough to get to the start and join the ride. It is easily 60 miles home from here. Doing the maths convinced me to tank up. Even in misty drizzly weather sitting in a large column of bikes is hot business, once the fan kicks in. We were on the road and the M25 just before the allotted hour. Well done to the marshals in the absence of the local police service.  The photographer, former SOC member and Kent Centre Sec, Roger Wood, for the run from Thurrock stood atop the van belonging to  one of the charities we were supporting. I had cable tied one of the Ride of Remembrance car-flags to the sissy bar but sadly I didn't get enough wind to fly whilst  stopped.