Skip to main content

Fuelly

For a few years I had been tracking the miles per gallon and fuel usage of my bikes and cars with an app on my iPhones.  Sadly, when I moved to Android from iOS last year I lost that ability. I suppose as I still have the (worthless!) iPhone 5S I could have simply kept it charged and using wifi and the apps. To be honest. I didn't actually think of that until recently. A Doh! moment?

But last summer I was googling about and found Fuelly. I saw it online and setup my vehicles and since June 2017 I have recorded all the fuel stops that I have done in the Insignia and also with Red Pepe. 

I use it to calculate costs (less obvious) and the over UK mpg. When I say costs it is mostly because since having Pepe, I have had to fill the tank overseas in Europe.  In nearby Europe they use the Euro (€) and in Czechia (I hate that new name!) they use the korunna. Of course at home we still use the pound sterling (£).  But at least fuel is sold in litres in all countries.

So in the nine months since I started recording Pepe is:


Embarrassingly low mileage. I need to get out more. Now my health is a little better I hope to! 

Some of the other statistics you can access are what owners of similar vehicles are achieving. 

There are some problems with this as when I registered Pepe it asks for a model year and the only Rocket listed is the R3R ABS and so that's what Pepe is.  He is the only one though.

Looking at Triumph and then R for Rocket lists all the variants separately.  There are 38000+ motorcycles registers - http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle - of which 1558 are Triumph - http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/triumph - of which 28 are Rockets.  The stats don't allow you to pick all 28 in one block. A major problem for me.

However well you control your right hand urges I have to hand it to this guy though. This is his average mpg!


Okay. Not many miles recorded but how the heck!!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cup of Tea - Continued

The best laid plans of mice and men.  Unfortunately there is a balancing act to be done as a married man with a dog. I sometimes envy people that on a whim, tog up, and then go for a ride all day on their expensive motorcycle. My brother for instance.  He regularly plans trips with a mate that take three or four weeks in the summer before the school holidays make hotels and accommodation too expensive. I can't do that. So when "real life" gets in the way, then the bike trips have to take a back seat.  Don't get me wrong.  I like going out in the car with wife and dog to places of interest or just to the White Cliffs for a cake and coffee and walk with Reggie. But. Sometimes I want to get my gear on and go for a ride. Last Sunday the "Family Paul" won out.  Hopefully tomorrow, June 6th and of course the 77th Anniversary D-Day, I can get out and do the trip around the county and get the "Cup of Tea Challenge" chalked off. I need to ride the £15000 wo

Six years with Pepe!

Pepe's insurance was renewed for another year today. So I thought as I have owned this monster for six years it was time to bring this blog to an end and import the contents to "On the Road Again". So that it what I have done.