Skip to main content

January Meldrews

As expected I needed to use the dbPower unit to kick Pepé into life. Once connected it was the first press of the button the get him started.

I let him warm up whilst I went and got togged up. . The air temperature according to my car was 2°C.

Once I set off I found I had an air gap around my back! My thermal technical shirt had ridden up leaving a gap. Luckily it didn't affect me too much on the ten mile ride to the Blue & White Café.

When I went out on New Year's Day I forgot to reset Trip 2 to keep a total of mileage. This time I did.

After breakfast and a chat I needed the jump to get Pepé going again. Once started he runs perfectly.

The run back was pretty gentle. The wet patches had dried out a bit and it felt safer on two wheels. It was no warmer though.

So total recorded Trip 2 mileage looks about 20 miles. I didn't check when I stashed him away in the garage.

Next week. The MoT.

posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crappy Finish

Have to say disappointed with the finish on my 15 Roadster. Not really an all weather rider nowadays.  Wheels are corroded and look like shit and the chrome bits and bobs all surface rusted. Have always washed down after a salty road outing. The TEX I had before had its recall problems but the finish far more robust. Never had these problems so soon even on a modern Suzuki! It doesn't seem like the wheels are coated, just bare metal by th level of corrosion.  The surface rust blights the suspension caps and even the chrome cover for the rear brake master cylinder looks more like rust with some chrome. At least the engine finish looks good.

Don't Ride Angry

Never ride angry. It leads to mistakes. For some unknown reason people in England have this urge to travel. That's not a problem. What is the problem is that no sooner has the final bell of the summer term/semester rung,  like lemmings they are in their cars and motorhomes  (RV) and heading on their summer holiday. Why? Most kids won't be back in their classrooms until September 6th or even 7th!! To coincide with this exodus, small 'e' as the waves don't part for them , after some terrorist activity in France (not to mention our vote to leave the European Union) the French boeufed up their ridiculously slap dash border control. Traffic was queued back on the M20 for about 15 miles. Three lanes and then two.... The A2 into the port two lanes for about 7 miles. Add to that both roads closed due to the inevitable accidents and a rare truck fire, and you have CHAOS. People trapped for upto 14 hours.  It later turned out that ...