Skip to main content

January Meldrews

As expected I needed to use the dbPower unit to kick Pepé into life. Once connected it was the first press of the button the get him started.

I let him warm up whilst I went and got togged up. . The air temperature according to my car was 2°C.

Once I set off I found I had an air gap around my back! My thermal technical shirt had ridden up leaving a gap. Luckily it didn't affect me too much on the ten mile ride to the Blue & White Café.

When I went out on New Year's Day I forgot to reset Trip 2 to keep a total of mileage. This time I did.

After breakfast and a chat I needed the jump to get Pepé going again. Once started he runs perfectly.

The run back was pretty gentle. The wet patches had dried out a bit and it felt safer on two wheels. It was no warmer though.

So total recorded Trip 2 mileage looks about 20 miles. I didn't check when I stashed him away in the garage.

Next week. The MoT.

posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crappy Finish

Have to say disappointed with the finish on my 15 Roadster. Not really an all weather rider nowadays.  Wheels are corroded and look like shit and the chrome bits and bobs all surface rusted. Have always washed down after a salty road outing. The TEX I had before had its recall problems but the finish far more robust. Never had these problems so soon even on a modern Suzuki! It doesn't seem like the wheels are coated, just bare metal by th level of corrosion.  The surface rust blights the suspension caps and even the chrome cover for the rear brake master cylinder looks more like rust with some chrome. At least the engine finish looks good.

Ring of Red 2015

Decided to go to Thurrock and join there. Arrived about 1230 after a petrol stop on the way. Pepe does about 180 to the tank before I start to get nervous. So as it clipped up 115 on the odometer I decided to fill up to ensure I had enough to get to the start and join the ride. It is easily 60 miles home from here. Doing the maths convinced me to tank up. Even in misty drizzly weather sitting in a large column of bikes is hot business, once the fan kicks in. We were on the road and the M25 just before the allotted hour. Well done to the marshals in the absence of the local police service.  The photographer, former SOC member and Kent Centre Sec, Roger Wood, for the run from Thurrock stood atop the van belonging to  one of the charities we were supporting. I had cable tied one of the Ride of Remembrance car-flags to the sissy bar but sadly I didn't get enough wind to fly whilst  stopped.