Skip to main content

Le Mans MotoGP 2019

My brother, Neill, and I have been looking at this since the autumn.  By the time we thought of it, the hotels near to the circuit had gone up astronomically and were mostly booked up.  There are a few in the £150 to £350 a night category.

So I had to expand the search outwards and to cut down the journey on the way there to the north of Le Mans.  Gradually the search area had to be increased up to 60kms radius.

I have a booking with booking.com at a hotel just to the north of Alençon, breakfast included.  It's not far from the F1 hotel we stayed in back in 2012.  That seems to have disappeared from the booking's site.  The nearby Campanile where we ate is a lot more expensive and doesn't come with included breakfast.  

I do like the Campanile idea though and Claire and I stay in them quite regularly when we are away even when we have Reggie with us.  But at over £40 a night more it might not be worth the change.

How to get there? Well TomTom will work that out once we get across the channel.  To that end, as usual I have bitten the bullet and will risk the Eurotunnel train.  Mainly because I have a couple of £30 vouchers I bought on the Tesco scheme.

Originally bought to go to the Sinterklaastreffen in December 2018.  I bought one in August and forgot, then another in September.  A total of £60. As one expired tomorrow I had to use it quickly.  I have booked the Friday out at 0920 and back on the Monday at 1650.  Both times should give us time to get to Alençon and back on each day and not get too stressed. According to Google Maps it is 230 miles from Calais terminal to the hotel in Alençon.  About 4 hours with stops. maybe see what there is to see on the way down?

I made sure I did the API was well to ensure that my passport can be checked!

The next job was to buy the track tickets. We had trackside only in 2012. And we will again. Not many grandstands are not showing as "sold out".

So. It's all done and dusted. Until May then.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cup of Tea - Continued

The best laid plans of mice and men.  Unfortunately there is a balancing act to be done as a married man with a dog. I sometimes envy people that on a whim, tog up, and then go for a ride all day on their expensive motorcycle. My brother for instance.  He regularly plans trips with a mate that take three or four weeks in the summer before the school holidays make hotels and accommodation too expensive. I can't do that. So when "real life" gets in the way, then the bike trips have to take a back seat.  Don't get me wrong.  I like going out in the car with wife and dog to places of interest or just to the White Cliffs for a cake and coffee and walk with Reggie. But. Sometimes I want to get my gear on and go for a ride. Last Sunday the "Family Paul" won out.  Hopefully tomorrow, June 6th and of course the 77th Anniversary D-Day, I can get out and do the trip around the county and get the "Cup of Tea Challenge" chalked off. I need to ride the £15000 wo

Six years with Pepe!

Pepe's insurance was renewed for another year today. So I thought as I have owned this monster for six years it was time to bring this blog to an end and import the contents to "On the Road Again". So that it what I have done.