Skip to main content

Rocket Run to Triumph and other stuff planned....

I missed the run to Hinckley and the visitor centre experience at Triumph due to sickness. I picked up a stomach bug that lasted for four days!  Saturday to Tuesday.  Two days off work and my weekend ruined. Even more of a pisser was that the two days off work meant I had a train ticket that was wasted as there are no refunds!


The next event will be the Allied Memorial Remembrance Ride to Madingley Cemetery on the outskirts of Cambridge. It's July 6th this year.  I am probably going to be Billy No-Mates again but it means I can go at my own pace and not have to ride as a group until we get to the rendezvous at  the services on the A14 to the west of Cambridge.  I have planned a route up to the services and from their to the cemetery and home will have to be from memory!  ;)

Last year I thought of visiting the NAAFI canteen that is open at a former WW2 fighter station at North Weald.  In the end I missed it as I was in a hurry to get home.  I might stop in this time depending on the time I am passing on the M11.

This year I will take the Nikon D50 with me and see if I can get some better pictures.  I tend to be a snapper nowadays although I try to get "that" picture that not only looks good but also appears that I have thought about it.

And then what?  As a family we are away for a long week in August to Devon and then I have a few weeks at home before I start back at work in September.  I need to get myself motivated and out on the bike more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cup of Tea - Continued

The best laid plans of mice and men.  Unfortunately there is a balancing act to be done as a married man with a dog. I sometimes envy people that on a whim, tog up, and then go for a ride all day on their expensive motorcycle. My brother for instance.  He regularly plans trips with a mate that take three or four weeks in the summer before the school holidays make hotels and accommodation too expensive. I can't do that. So when "real life" gets in the way, then the bike trips have to take a back seat.  Don't get me wrong.  I like going out in the car with wife and dog to places of interest or just to the White Cliffs for a cake and coffee and walk with Reggie. But. Sometimes I want to get my gear on and go for a ride. Last Sunday the "Family Paul" won out.  Hopefully tomorrow, June 6th and of course the 77th Anniversary D-Day, I can get out and do the trip around the county and get the "Cup of Tea Challenge" chalked off. I need to ride the £15000 wo

Six years with Pepe!

Pepe's insurance was renewed for another year today. So I thought as I have owned this monster for six years it was time to bring this blog to an end and import the contents to "On the Road Again". So that it what I have done.