Skip to main content

AMRR 2019 - All over now

I was up at 8am. The local Royal British Legion Riders group were meeting on the A2 at 8.30am. Too early for me.

I was away about 9am after breakfast and although I had the dbpower booster with me it was unused. I did have to reset the TomTom as it had lost the connection to the phone and also to my LS2 headset. Once fixed I was away.

The M20 to Maidstone then up to the M2 to stop in at the service station at Cobham to tank up. Another Rocket was there but we had a nod and he was gone. 

The rest of the trip alternated between dull and heavy traffic dull.

The ever lasting roadworks on the A14 seem to have taken many years. The Spanish seem to build hundred of miles of their motorways in a short time.

Eventually I arrived at 1115am. It usually takes less than two hours even with the petrol stop.

I signed in and then went for a coffee and a loo visit.

Outside again it was time to do my walk  around the assembled bikes and looked to see how many Rockets were there. Quite a few there plus around 350 other bikes.

At 1230 we had the honour read out and the Last Post sounded. And then we had the thunder. All the bikes started up and revved.

Then we set off. The journey took much longer than usual due to the roadworks and that there was a climate demo in the city centre.

On arrival I took more pix and these can all be seen on the Flickr link below. It uses a tag so might have other people's pix if they use the same one!

We had the service and then dispersed. 

Traffic was only bad at Dartford where there was an accident on the Kent side that managed to tail back over the bridge for miles 

After another fuel stop I was home about 4 15pm.

TomTom stats for the day:

Stats - max speed?  Must be an error.
My Flickr AMRR Album - To reduce the number of albums all the AMRR visits I have photographed and uploaded to Flickr are now in one place.  It has been sorted to show the newest pictures first.

Until I went to France with my brother in May, I just recorded the fuel stops for fun just to see what the mpg comes out at... But since I have striven to be more economical. This resulted in the Cobham and back to Dartford of 47.44 mpg. Okay. This was mostly at motorway speeds plus the slow ride around Cambridge. Could I have tipped 50mpg again?

Another first was getting the recorded route I took on the way back from the services via the cemetery to download from the TomTom. It's never worked before.  I ended up using the Bluetooth option to my phone and then uploading from there to my Google Drive.  I then opened it in MyRouteApp. And here it is.



One last pic.  Me on the move. I screen shotted this from a video on the day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cup of Tea - Continued

The best laid plans of mice and men.  Unfortunately there is a balancing act to be done as a married man with a dog. I sometimes envy people that on a whim, tog up, and then go for a ride all day on their expensive motorcycle. My brother for instance.  He regularly plans trips with a mate that take three or four weeks in the summer before the school holidays make hotels and accommodation too expensive. I can't do that. So when "real life" gets in the way, then the bike trips have to take a back seat.  Don't get me wrong.  I like going out in the car with wife and dog to places of interest or just to the White Cliffs for a cake and coffee and walk with Reggie. But. Sometimes I want to get my gear on and go for a ride. Last Sunday the "Family Paul" won out.  Hopefully tomorrow, June 6th and of course the 77th Anniversary D-Day, I can get out and do the trip around the county and get the "Cup of Tea Challenge" chalked off. I need to ride the £15000 wo

Six years with Pepe!

Pepe's insurance was renewed for another year today. So I thought as I have owned this monster for six years it was time to bring this blog to an end and import the contents to "On the Road Again". So that it what I have done.