Skip to main content

Tyre pressures

Before the French trip I thought it was a good idea to check the tyre pressures.

On other bikes it must be simple. The front. Yep easy. Very accessible. The book says 36psi. It was only 29. 😕

The 240 on the back is a little difficult to get to or rather the valve is. 

The valve is on the right side and luckily Triumph saw fit to make it a right angled one. 

Positioning the wheel to get access was easy enough. Rolling the bike back and forth to get the valve where I could see it. 

Getting in to get the nozzle on the valve means struggling past the disc.

Anyone at Tesco that saw me kneeling at the back of the bike may have thought I  was praying. 

A few curses maybe as once at 42psi I couldn't get the nozzle off. More air out than in.

Finally I got the air in and the nozzle disconnected okay. Brushing dust off my riding trousers and I could go. 

As for handling. I gave it a run up the A20 to Sandling on the curves and ups and down. I didn't actually notice much difference. Maybe a little quicker into corners?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cup of Tea - Continued

The best laid plans of mice and men.  Unfortunately there is a balancing act to be done as a married man with a dog. I sometimes envy people that on a whim, tog up, and then go for a ride all day on their expensive motorcycle. My brother for instance.  He regularly plans trips with a mate that take three or four weeks in the summer before the school holidays make hotels and accommodation too expensive. I can't do that. So when "real life" gets in the way, then the bike trips have to take a back seat.  Don't get me wrong.  I like going out in the car with wife and dog to places of interest or just to the White Cliffs for a cake and coffee and walk with Reggie. But. Sometimes I want to get my gear on and go for a ride. Last Sunday the "Family Paul" won out.  Hopefully tomorrow, June 6th and of course the 77th Anniversary D-Day, I can get out and do the trip around the county and get the "Cup of Tea Challenge" chalked off. I need to ride the £15000 wo

Six years with Pepe!

Pepe's insurance was renewed for another year today. So I thought as I have owned this monster for six years it was time to bring this blog to an end and import the contents to "On the Road Again". So that it what I have done.