Skip to main content

Ring of Red 2019 - November 10th


Hoping to get up to Thurrock for my annual attempt to create the ring around London's M25 ring road.  

Pepé already has the poppy under the headlight and the year bands on the clocks. I'll have to dig out the big red t-shirt to squeeze over my riding gear.

The usual two wristbands have been ordered, one for me and one for Pepés speedo. 



Update 11th November 2019

After all the planning I woke up on Friday 8th with a terrible gut ache.  I had to work from home as the loo was the most common seating place.  It was no better Saturday and the codeine phosphate quelled the urges.

Sunday was no better and I watched the Remembrance at the Cenotaph in London on the TV.  SO I missed the run.

I was slightly better on Monday and worked from home again.  I observed the 2 minute silence in the house as a break vfrom work.  Once again, codeine phosphate came to the rescue.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cup of Tea - Continued

The best laid plans of mice and men.  Unfortunately there is a balancing act to be done as a married man with a dog. I sometimes envy people that on a whim, tog up, and then go for a ride all day on their expensive motorcycle. My brother for instance.  He regularly plans trips with a mate that take three or four weeks in the summer before the school holidays make hotels and accommodation too expensive. I can't do that. So when "real life" gets in the way, then the bike trips have to take a back seat.  Don't get me wrong.  I like going out in the car with wife and dog to places of interest or just to the White Cliffs for a cake and coffee and walk with Reggie. But. Sometimes I want to get my gear on and go for a ride. Last Sunday the "Family Paul" won out.  Hopefully tomorrow, June 6th and of course the 77th Anniversary D-Day, I can get out and do the trip around the county and get the "Cup of Tea Challenge" chalked off. I need to ride the £15000 wo

Six years with Pepe!

Pepe's insurance was renewed for another year today. So I thought as I have owned this monster for six years it was time to bring this blog to an end and import the contents to "On the Road Again". So that it what I have done.