Skip to main content

St Nick's

So the weather is turning drier tomorrow. At least the rain looks to be holding off. Instead temperatures are to drop into low single figures. Centigrade that is. A high of 7°C.

I popped out briefly last Sunday to fill the tank with our cheaper unleaded 95 fuel. With a full tank it means theoretically I could get to Ostend and back. 

In reality I will need a top up. I'll most likely do that on the way to Ostend on the motorway near Veurne, once in Belgium.

On Sunday I used the dbPower charger to start the bike, but risked starting it at Seabrook without it after fuelling and it started. 

Still. The unit goes with me. Fully charged! Whether it will boot up at the Tunnel.... 

From my local riders I will be Billy No Mates. Instead I'll meet up with Tony Young at the Velodrome. He went today and booked in and got the special event t-shirt. It's €15 for the weekend and €10 for a day visitor. The t-shirt included. 

50th & last

So to tomorrow. Up early and out of the house for the short ride to the tunnel.

I have already put the route into TomTom. It's 61 miles from Calais terminal to the Velodroom.

All the rest of the gear is out and ready. The Cardo headset on charge. In this weather the Shoei Qwest will be preferable to the LS2. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crappy Finish

Have to say disappointed with the finish on my 15 Roadster. Not really an all weather rider nowadays.  Wheels are corroded and look like shit and the chrome bits and bobs all surface rusted. Have always washed down after a salty road outing. The TEX I had before had its recall problems but the finish far more robust. Never had these problems so soon even on a modern Suzuki! It doesn't seem like the wheels are coated, just bare metal by th level of corrosion.  The surface rust blights the suspension caps and even the chrome cover for the rear brake master cylinder looks more like rust with some chrome. At least the engine finish looks good.

Don't Ride Angry

Never ride angry. It leads to mistakes. For some unknown reason people in England have this urge to travel. That's not a problem. What is the problem is that no sooner has the final bell of the summer term/semester rung,  like lemmings they are in their cars and motorhomes  (RV) and heading on their summer holiday. Why? Most kids won't be back in their classrooms until September 6th or even 7th!! To coincide with this exodus, small 'e' as the waves don't part for them , after some terrorist activity in France (not to mention our vote to leave the European Union) the French boeufed up their ridiculously slap dash border control. Traffic was queued back on the M20 for about 15 miles. Three lanes and then two.... The A2 into the port two lanes for about 7 miles. Add to that both roads closed due to the inevitable accidents and a rare truck fire, and you have CHAOS. People trapped for upto 14 hours.  It later turned out that ...