Skip to main content

Lockdown is relaxed

Actually it was relaxed last Wednesday. Amazingly the main A259 that passes about 100 yards behind my house had less motorcycle traffic along it than during lockdown.




It seems that some people were out when it wasn't allowed unless important or essential.




So I planned to go out over the weekend.  Didn't happen.  Around here the roads were as packed as a normal pre-Covid weekend.  Despite biking associations asking riders not to go out in groups or congregate in large number, there were loads of groups on the A259, some with five or even seven bikes one behind the other.  Now Joe Public thinks what a load of twats bikers are.




I am working from home today, it's hot and sunny so maybe I'll get out for a wash and brush up, use my Solvol on the chrome go for a short ride.




I have a route planned in my TomTom that has some places on it from the Traces of War  website. (https://www.tracesofwar.com/sights/7799/Dymchurch-Redoubt.htm)





Hopefully I'll get out later today.  More to follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cup of Tea - Continued

The best laid plans of mice and men.  Unfortunately there is a balancing act to be done as a married man with a dog. I sometimes envy people that on a whim, tog up, and then go for a ride all day on their expensive motorcycle. My brother for instance.  He regularly plans trips with a mate that take three or four weeks in the summer before the school holidays make hotels and accommodation too expensive. I can't do that. So when "real life" gets in the way, then the bike trips have to take a back seat.  Don't get me wrong.  I like going out in the car with wife and dog to places of interest or just to the White Cliffs for a cake and coffee and walk with Reggie. But. Sometimes I want to get my gear on and go for a ride. Last Sunday the "Family Paul" won out.  Hopefully tomorrow, June 6th and of course the 77th Anniversary D-Day, I can get out and do the trip around the county and get the "Cup of Tea Challenge" chalked off. I need to ride the £15000 wo

Six years with Pepe!

Pepe's insurance was renewed for another year today. So I thought as I have owned this monster for six years it was time to bring this blog to an end and import the contents to "On the Road Again". So that it what I have done.